Friday, July 19, 2013

I've Been Slacking Off I Know

OK, OK, I know I haven’t put anything up for a long while. I had some other things to write about but had the standard situation of “I just got busy.” You know that’s a nice way of saying that “I just got lazy” and I was slacking off. Well now, Joan and I are off on a very long vacation and I thought that I would go back to putting up some blog entries. The entries here will mostly focus on the food we eat on our trip but I will also describe some of the places that we go and some of the things we see as well. I am writing this as we are part of the way through the trip. I don’t want to have to compile and edit the whole darn trip when we get home.
We have been looking forward to this trip for a long time now and now it is finally here. This will be our first trip to Europe. Here’s where we will be going:
·         Saturday, June 29: Fly from Las Vegas to Dublin, Ireland
·         Sunday, June 30 – Monday, July 1: Stay in Dublin, Ireland
·         Tuesday, July 2: Fly to London, England and take a car to Dover, England
·         Wednesday, July 3 – Monday, July 15: 12 Day cruise of the Baltics aboard the Carnival Legend with stops in Copenhagen, Denmark; Rostock/Berlin, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; and Amsterdam, Netherlands
·         Monday, July 15: After tour of London, fly back to Dublin, Ireland
·         Tuesday, July 16: After overnight in Dublin, fly back to Las Vegas

As I said I will be focusing on the food that we will eat. Some of it will be the everyday, some will be wonderful local food in the places that we visit and some will be the great food on the cruise ship itself. Now within the cruise ship, there are a couple of special surprises there as well.
Stay tuned over the next few weeks and I’ll tell you all about it. I should have enough material to put together some very interesting posts. I will do my best to get through it all and not tail off before the journey is complete.
First up will be our journey “across the pond.” It won’t be the most interesting but it will start us off on over two weeks of eating through Europe.
Until next time,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment